The Birds & The Bees
Let me tell you about...
Here’s a flora and bright cocktail created by Holly Tripp at the Figaro Café in NYC. It features a delicious chamomile infused tequila complimented with honey, vanilla and citrus.
This is super good. Even better if you infuse a quality tequila. I used Wild Common Blanco. The original recipe calls for Lillet Blanc but I used Cocchi Americano.
I definitely recommend this one! - Steve Cervantes
Photo by Elevated Craft Crew member, Steve Cervantes | Follow Steve on Instagram at: @s.cervantes
1 oz. Chamomile infused tequila (see notes below)
¾ oz. Cocchi Americano
¾ oz. Licor 43
¾ oz. Lemon juice
¼ oz. Honey Syrup (2:1) (see notes below)
Lemon (for garnish)
Add ingredients to your Hybrid Cocktail Shaker with ice and shake.
Strain into a Nick & Nora.
Garnish with a lemon twist.
Infusing Tequila with Chamomile
- 22 1/2 grams of dried chamomile
- 750 ml tequila
- In a glass container, combine the tequila and chamomile and steep for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain gently back into the empty tequila bottle using a funnel and coffee filter.
Honey Syrup (2:1) Recipe
- 2 parts honey
- 1 part water
- Combine the honey and water into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Allow to cool then transfer to an airtight container. Syrup will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.